5 Tiny Craft Areas to Inspire

idea-cottage-craft-nook-l

Aren’t craft room photos inspiring? I can always use creative organization ideas to help me control my crafting chaos and make my supplies look a little prettier at the same time.

Sometimes the rooms are so spacious and maybe even bigger than you would need in the first place. If you don’t have a room of your own, why not have a craft desk?

ss 101207494

This is a cute little desk, and I like how they added space for supplies with the cubby shelf on top. You could even attach a shelf to the wall for fabric. You gotta have a spot for all your fabric, right?

I have a desk something like this one that I found at Goodwill for $15! I’ll be sure to show you some photos when I’m done, but let’s just say mine is a bit more colorful.

ss 101202471

Take an old beverage cart and give it a fresh new look with some paint, baskets, and a little cork board! Add a stool and you’ve got yourself a rolling craft station. How fun!

ss 101339656

A tall hutch above this narrow desk provides floor-to-ceiling craft supply storage! Isn’t it pretty? It keeps all your supplies within your reach and looking good!

So, don’t waste all that space above your desk…go up!

mla103724 0408 guest02 l

This is a fabulous idea for the corner of a guest bedroom! A nice little corner craft area with a secret! Do you know what it is?

ScreenHunter 07 Mar. 30 16

There’s lots of shelf space with plenty of room for supplies all gathered in jars and bins so nice.

But, there’s something else…

ScreenHunter 06 Mar. 30 16

You can close it up to look like this!

It’s really two bookcases that close up to hide all your supplies and look beautiful for your guests! You can find more photos and information on this at MarthaStewart.com.

For more craft studio inspiration, check out our Art Studio Inspiration section!

Which idea is your favorite? What’s your craft area like? I’d love to hear about it!

Comments

I’m so excited that the house we are moving into in about a month has a little built in desk/shelf room off the laundry room & is going to be perfect for my craft room! I can’t wait to start making it my own! Thanks for the inspiration! That bookcase craft area is amazing! How clever!

Stacy
    .-= Stacy´s last blog ..Happy Scrappy Bib–Kiwi =-.

I love the bookcase idea, what a wonderful way to hide things when not in use. Not picture here but, I also love the idea of making a closet into a craft space.

My “area” is such a mess. This has really inspired me!

3. hOLLY says

I love the last one…we live in a small mobile home and right now I have a table covered with junk in the corner of our living room…I love the storage and being able to hide all your stuff in it!

I can’t decide – I love them all! I can hardly wait to go home and make some changes to the room that is NEVER neat. Have too many ideas and things going on at once. I’ll borrow a little bit from each one. Thank you!

5. Laura says

I love the white desk with the tall hutch on top…I have a small area with lots of wall space so that desk would fit great!! Where can I get it??? :) I need one yesterday!

What a great idea to repurpose bookshelves, kitchen carts, etc! I am lucky enough to have my own craft room, but I think I can still use a lot of these ideas to tidy it up a bit. Thanks!

Yes, I love pix of craft areas! The image of so much potential, so awesomely arranged always gets me excited! I’ve come to learn that when I’m feeling uncreative, it may be because my studio needs a clean (like the drawer organizing I did last week!)
    .-= Candied Fabrics´s last blog ..Dye Candy Fabric =-.

wow i am blown away by the super & beautiful work space areas, so many new ideas that i am going to try to work into my work area i am going to re-set up now that spring is here so i can have more access to the windows too so it helps me work more creativity into my jewelry when i can watch the blessings of nature while working, so thanks so much for all these wonderful ideas !

Wow, these are fabulous! Talk about inspiring….they just make you want to sit down, relax, and start making stuff! I love them….

10. Noelle says

I realy like these ideas but how could i makae my own space i need to make one downstairs bcuz theres a tv and a couch i have one small table (square) its hard but my mom said to combine 2 tables rectancle long and skinny? would that work we dont wanna spend to much money