A Sewing Nook

Do you sew?

If you do, you’ll want to move into this room the moment you see it!

ss 101121845

This is one of those fabulous sewing areas where everything has a special place to be stored away. It’s all out of site and easily found. This sewing room is more of a “sewing nook” in the corner of a beautiful room.

Just take a moment to notice all the cabinets, drawers, and shelves LOADED with wonderful supplies. It would be so much fun to rent this house for a week, don’t ya think?

Here’s the other side of this dream room…

ss 101121831

Wow! Isn’t that fantastic? I love the idea of having this room for visiting with everyone while you’re sewing, or just reading a magazine while waiting for inspiration to strike. You can’t beat that!

Details are everywhere…

ss 101121847

This collection of vintage pincushions is pretty and practical at the same time. I need one of these cake pedestals!

Here’s something I haven’t seen before…

ss 101121835

Fabric rolled up and placed in a shadow box is new to me! You can change it with the season while storing some of your fabric is a creative way.

I always like stare at my newest collection of fabric for awhile before cutting it. I leave it sitting out on my desk looking pretty. Am I the only one that does this? Just curious.

I can’t seem to get enough of sewing and crafting supplies! I’m always looking for fun ways to display or organize them so they don’t take over the house.

Feel free to share any tips or tricks you might use to keep things under control. Is it even possible?

source

Comments

This room makes me drool…and for the record! You are definitely NOT the only one who leaves her fabric out just to stare at it for a while! I have even been known to pick up my pile and hug it from time to time!! Hee hahaha!! Have a great one! Thanks for the article!

2. Sarah says

No, Kim you’re not the only one that does that, lol!!!

I will be needing a room like this. Pronto! It’s perfect in every way!

Aaaahhhh, that is the most beautiful sewing nook ever!!! Yes, I leave my fabric out to stare at before making stuff with it, tee hee…like right now I am finding it hard to cut into Amy Butler’s ‘Love’ fabric because it’s so beautiful ;)

Jamie :)
    .-= A Forest Frolic´s last blog ..A Windy Weekend =-.

I love those pincushions!! I need to dig out my floursack fabric and get busy making some. The fabric in the shadowbox is a wonderful idea.

5. Mary says

I wish I knew how to sew; instead of knowing the names of all the latest Oscar winners and loosers.

What an inspiration. =) I’m already trying to think up ways to convert those storage ideas to my yarn collection…

I do the same with new yarn, by the way – I like to keep it out just to look at it for a while before getting started with it. So no, you’re not the only one. ;)
    .-= Morrgan´s last blog ..Tuesday Finds: Rusty Orange =-.

7. marie sierra says

wahhhhh!!! i want that!! that is such a lovely inviting room and the fact that you can have guests hang out there as well..wow…just beautiful!

WOW, this is the most beautiful sewing nook I have ever seen, in my life, and I want it!! I’m building a sewing corner in my basement once we finish it… but unfortunately we don’t nearly have as much space as this. It’s great inspiration though! LOVE the fabric in shadow box idea!!

9. Lynn says

This room is awesome. I sew and also do wool rug hooking. This room would be perfect for my crafts and sewing.

10. Martha says

I sure wish I could sew like you. I just purchased a sewing machine and serger. The thread keeps coming out of the loopers on the serger and I had to give up!! The sewing nook is fabulous.

OOOOH! I’m showing this to my Husband! Then I’m gonna stamp my feet and pull out my poutiest of pouty faces! Do you think it’ll work? Probably not… But there are some really great ideas that I should be able to incorporate into my space! I love how bright this room is!