10 Creative Paint Chip Ideas

il_570xN.206581819

Oh my word…I love all the colorful paint chip ideas I’ve seen over the last few months.  Creative people rock!  These ideas I’ve collected might spark your imagination and give you a little nudge toward creating something fun with some of those paint chips you have stashed away in a drawer.

1.  Paint Chip Matchbook notepads created by Campfire Designs…way cool!

30900764_wzm3AWuh_c

2.  Amazing bookmarks…the perfect gift for your book lovin’ friends!

30900626_y3C8v0gO_c 3.  Business card holders that let everyone know you creative before you even hand them a card…gotta love that!

35698706_vQMq46VF_c

4.  Create a matching game for kids…too cool!

30899724_uRNHtK1u_c

5.  These gift tags add a bit of your colorful style to any package.

30901008_jZbcHBV6_c

6.  A paint chip orb…just because.

37422083_f1sZEvCa_c

7.  Sport these cool utensil holders at your next picnic and let the neighbors know that you’re a Creative Diva!

30900331_LiFdPanv_c

8.  What a fun way to let someone know your new address!

662643_PrzNC1Dm_c

9.  Use them as display cards for your handmade goods.

29536701_JwhqprjU_c

10.  Place cards that are sure to be a conversation starter.

Looking for more information on one of these fabulous ideas? I have all these and more on my Paint Chip Love Pinterest board. I can’t wait to make a colorful little banner with some paint chips I have already.

What kind of paint chip ideas have you seen or tried? One can never have too many paint chip ideas!!

Comments

I’m glad you clarified these ideas should be used with chips you’ve “stashed in a drawer”, but I think it’s also important to emphasize people to NOT go into a hardware or paint store and take a bunch of chips for their crafts.

As much as I appreciate the creativity here, there is a fundamental problem at the core that these materials were provided freely with the intention of selling paint. So if someone goes into Home Depot and takes a bunch of chips to make bookmarks and placeholders, they are essentially stealing from both the manufacturer and the retail outlet.

I just discovered your blog and I love it! You have so many creative ideas one could stay here all day!

So much inspiration in one place.

Totally agree with Dave. I know there are some people that just use paint chips that they had from picking paint, but I think it is completely wrong to walk into a store and swipe them from the rack for projects.

So very cool! My mom has a good amount of these because she is one of those people that has to repaint every room and re-arrange everything in the house every spring. We all know someone like that ;-) At least that’s what I tell her ……

So colorful and creative! I love all of these ideas. I just used mine as is, as bookmarks. I never thought to spice it up :) Great article, keep up the good work!

I love these ideas. and most paint stores have a paint chip “book”. it’s actually all of their paint chips bound together with a grommet so the different colors can be “splayed” out like a deck of cards. They get new ones usually a few times a year. I’m sure someone would be happy for you to take their old ones. I actually found a couple at the thrift store and bought them for .25 each. Can’t wait to make something out of them!

7. Alexis says

these are all adorable ideas!

as for you tools who think it’s extremely wrong to take paint samples from a hardware store to make some of these, get over it. they’re put there for people to take, and by using them in crafts that are shared with the public it’s pretty much free advertising for the paint company. someone might see the picnic utensil case and love the colour, be looking for a new paint colour for the home, and head to the store where the paint chip came from. these companies generally make huge amounts of money so I think they can handle a few paint samples disappearing. It’s probably even factored into their budget.

I’d bet you wouldn’t care if your child took a bunch because they were so excited to have a handful of beautiful colours to play with. So be creative, and share your idea with a paint store – they might want to make it into a window display.

8. sku says

Anyone stop to notice Home Depot’s Logo, Tag Line, Marketing of a new paint line and obvious sponsorship of this site and idea!!!!!!