5 Reasons to use Pinterest

ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 05 15.48

If you haven’t had a chance to try out Pinterest yet, you should!

What is Pinterest?

A virtual corkboard that you pin your favorite photos to creating  beautiful collections of things you love.

5 Reasons to Try Pinterest

1.  Helllloooo…It’s fun! It’s kind of a stress reliever {like flipping through your favorite magazine} and who doesn’t love sharing and finding new inspiration!

2.  You most likely will find something from other pinboards that you can’t live without.  Following someone’s pinboards is easy…every pinboard has a follow button.  This will keep your home page filling up with beautiful things you’ll love.

ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 05 15.47

3.  You can organize your collections…and enjoy the way they look at the same time.  Yes, you can move everything to a file on your computer, but you can’t see them all arranged like on Pinterest.  If you are a visual person…this is for you!

ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 05 15.48

It’s a great way to organize new projects you would like to try, home decorating ideas, wedding inspiration and anything else you can think up!

4.  Meet new people that share the same interests!  I’ve run across a few people that have the same taste in home decor as I do…I followed them right away!  It’s a social network with photos!

5.  Promote your Etsy shop with Pinterest. Now, don’t think for one moment that I’m saying you should go on there and add every item in your shop…I’m not.  That kind of over-promoting turns people off fast.  You can list your shop in your profile and add a few photos of your handmade goodies to your collections. You never know how many times they could be pinned after that. :)

Give it a try! Share your collections with others and enjoy the inspiration you’ll find while browsing other’s pinboards.

How do you get started?

• You can receive an invite from a friend or sign up on Pinterest {It can take a few days}.
  • Set up your account and start creating your pinboards.
  • Add “Pin-It” to your toolbar to be able to create your own pins.  You can also re-pin from others…I’ve done a bunch of that already.  Check out their information page to learn more.

ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 05 15.49

Visit my Pinterest boards and take a peek at what I’ve been up to, and you’ll learn about a few things that I love at the same time.

Comments

Pinterest! What social site will they think of next…I had never heard of this. I will be checking it out.

Thanks Kim

Janet xox

ps…thanks for your nice comment about my kitchen restyle…I do love my new room!

I adore Pinterest! So glad you wrote about it. I agree totally and I have found so many things I love that I wouldn’t have otherwise. I ♥ Pinterest!

Oh my goodness! Thank you for the reminder! I’ve been sooo bad, I haven’t even started any of my boards and I haven’t been over in a while! Crazy because I love Pinterest! I’m heading over to you right now! :)

I loooooove pinterest!
    Your so right, it’s crazy addicting, but entirely fun.
    I have found some great idea’s and helpful info on things I love or want to create.
    Thanks for the inspiration, I’ve been following you for a while already!
    Amber :)

I’m so excited to get started. It looks like so much fun, it was sort of overwhelming. I’ve started at your pinterest page, and I’m anxious to go from there. =D

I love Pinterest too! It’s such a fun way to find new inspiration. I will say that you shoud be careful – I can’t waste a lot of time just looking for new ideas instead of actually putting pencil to paper!

Love this blog!

Hi Kim,
    I love your blog and always find yous info fun, beautiful and helpful. I would love to start using Pinterest…please send me an invitation.
    Thanks!!
    Marie

Am I crazy? I have been trying to register for Pinterest for over a month now and it keeps saying it will let me know when I have been ‘invited’!! I can’t find any way around this and keep trying to get IN! What is the big deal? Can anyone out there please INVITE me in so I can participate in this, seemingly delightful, time suck?! Thanks!!!!