25 Ikea Hacks {DIY Home Decor}

ikea hacks

Oh my gosh!  Have you seen all the awesome ideas floating around out there that turn simple Ikea products into amazing home decor??  I love them!  We have a couple bookcases that I plan to pretty up a bit.  Sometimes simple is what you need, but other times a little something special will make your room perfect.

Check out these 25 ideas to get you started on the road to a beautiful home on a budget!

1. Simple Shelving Unit to WOW! – Centsational Girl
  20. Ikea Dresser Update – Design Sponge
  21. Shelving Unit as Dining Benches – Ikea Hackers
  22. Card Catalog Jewelry Box – {aka} Design
  23. Chevron Trim Dresser – House & Home
  24. Foldaway Vanity – Real Simple
  25. Sputnik Chandelier – Little Green Notebook {via Decor Hacks}

That should give you a few ideas!  Thanks to everyone for sharing their creative projects!

Have you seen our newest Ikea hacks???

25 {More} Ikea Hacks – DIY Home Decor

We were at Ikea last night and left with a car full of stuff…I see some of these Ikea hacks in my future. :)

Do you have any Ikea hacks in your home?

Can’t get enough DIY projects???  Check out our new project gallery for tons of DIY gifts and home decor ideas!

Comments

• says

Jaime – It might be a good thing! It was years before they put one anywhere near us and my husband might wish that I never heard of Ikea. :)

You are so fabulous with your thrift store finds I don’t think you’re missing out. :)

1. CentsationalGirl says

Hey what a fabulous list, so inspiring!
    Thanks so much for the shout out, so kind of you !!
    Kate

For all of you that do not have an Ikea near you…I sooo understand!

Years ago we were on a road trip many states from home and spotted an Ikea. My husband turned around and went straight there for me…but they were closing and I made it in the Exit door long enough to buy a bag from the bin at the counter. It was sad and I must have looked like a crazy lady running in there.

A year or so later we were visiting friends in North Carolina where an Ikea was just opening. I was so excited to finally get to really walk through one…only to arrive to a full parking lot, a line of traffic up the interstate ramp and cars being turned away. No thank you!

Finally they built one in Tampa! It’s a huge store and we love going there when we need something like a desk, new bed, or a bookcase. Some stuff is super cheap but other things are not so cheap. It takes FOREVER to walk through a store so don’t think you can take your husband there for 30 minutes!

All that to say…I understand not having one near you and one day I hope you can enjoy a relaxing trip to one. :)

Oh, and one more thing…telling your husband and teenagers that they can get something to eat while you shop might help. :) Just talking from experience!

This was such a great source of inspiration! Thank you for posting! I’ve added a link to my blog (all-things-shabby.com) so hopefully other people can enjoy as much as I have!

Kim, I think you can read my mind. It seems when I’m working on a project or getting ideas, you always post a wonderful list or ideas that help me tremendously. I redone my sewing studio back in January, and your craft room pictures game me wonderful inspiration. Right now, I’m giving my kitchen a color overhaul. It’s very rustic cabin with lot of barn red, and other warm colors. I’m trying to add a little brightness to it. I’ve already purchase fabric for tablecloth and curtains with colors of light and dark teal, olive green, and bright red. I’ve got rustic corner curio and a long shelf that extends over my french doors that I’m thinking of painting. Your list above is very helpful with this decision. I always enjoy your post and thanks for all the time you put into your research.

5. Daphny says

It’s kinda funny, but here in The Netherlands Ikea stands for “I have no money so I buy Ikea stuff.” Ikea stands for crap quality. Just had to share that :p