5 Great Craft Areas For Kids

elfaKidsWorkstation

Take a look at these dreamy areas for kids to use their imaginations and be creative. It’s so much better than a room full of video games, don’t you think?

This crafty area above is super cheerful and the shelves can be adjusted later when you want to update the room as they grow.  What a fun spot!

61471836_PXh2pFK3_c

This is a great little space to have right in their bedroom.  I love the containers of pencils and such and the robot decals add a cute touch for sure!

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 10 23.10

This one would be perfect for kids or adults…I want that peg board in a pretty color like this!  There’s room for two to create here and I’m sure lots of creative ideas bloom right here.

61475166_b5Y6Oaem_c

Isn’t this beautiful?! I would never think to use a bench with pillows and there’s plenty of room to spread out.

5143_crafting_table_hd

You can make a space like this with storage cubes or a bookshelf on each end with an oilcloth covered sheet of plywood for the top.  It’s quick, easy and CUTE!

I’m always sharing inspiring craft areas for us, but I hope you enjoyed a little change this time.  Did you have an fun spot to create in when you were young? I used to spend so much time out on our back porch with some kind of colored pencils or markers {I always like new ones…they made me happy!}.

I’d love to hear about your creative childhood!

*You can find information on these and more fun ideas on my Pinterest boards.

Comments

These spaces all look so gorgeous! What do you think they look like after the kids have been at them?!

I don’t remember having a dedicated crafting spot when I was a kid, but I remember lying on my bedroom floor in 8th grade, making seed bead jewelry and listening to Alanis Morrisette on my 5-cd changer I thought was the most awesome thing ever! :)
    .-= Ruth´s last blog ..Business Card Giveaway $60 value Ends 7-28 =-.

I’d be happy with any of these areas myself. I especially love the very simple cubby and plywood one, and the oilcloth is a brilliant idea. When the kids have made their mark on it, change it out for another fun print.

My childhood space was my bedroom floor or the dining table, nothing like these gorgeous spaces.

They are all great, but I especially like the Okey with the peg board! I am pretty sure a lot of the things hanging on that one are from IKEA! Since I don’t have any little ones left anymore, I am going to have to “pin” it for my sewing room remodel!
    ~Michele
    .-= Michele´s last blog ..Fabulous Friday! =-.

I love all these ideas! I would love to make a little space for my boys in our study. They would probably be occupied for about 20 minutes at a time, lol!

Oh, these ideas are so darling! I will definitely be using this post for some inspiration in my son’s room! (However, I might end up spending more time in his room than he will!)

6. Jillian Probroskie says

WOW!!! Great ideas!! I’m a crafter and i will definitely use the ideas that you have made. Love the bench pillows.

Next Post