Support Esty Sellers!

Fotolia 863998 Subscription L

Who are Etsy sellers? They are your friends, neighbors, sisters, and mothers. There are so many moms that are trying to earn a little extra money while staying home with their children. Wouldn’t it be great to show them support and get wonderful gifts for your friends and family? I think so. {Well, maybe you could get a little something for yourself, too.  Like, one for me and one for you….}

Etsy products are so unique and they are made by people, real people, not  machines.  Do you receive a hand written thank you note when you buy something at the mall? I’ve never gotten one. If anything, I feel like customer service is a thing of the past in large stores. It’s so much different when you are dealing with the owner of a business.

I love the idea of a handmade item that is slightly different than the next one they make. That one-of-a-kind ring or purse can really let a loved one know that you took the time to order a special gift for them.  Have you seen all the great monogrammed items?   Last Christmas I ordered a ton of gifts from Etsy sellers, and I wasn’t disappointed with any of them. Chocolate Covered Marshmallows had to be the biggest hit! I have to control myself when it comes to these!

Getting compliments on your latest find can lead to a whole conversation on how great handmade items really are. And, won’t you seem like the savvy shopper knowing all about Etsy?

Etsy isn’t only handmade, it’s vintage treasures, too!

Go ahead and shop for a beautiful antique tea pot for your sister, or a vintage postcard set for your aunt. You don’t even have to leave home to find it! I love that part!

Today’s economy has many people thinking a little more before they buy. Supporting each other is the way to go! Etsy sellers are working hard to bring their products to you, and they strive to make sure you never feel like customer #3241.  You’re a welcomed customer, not a number!

If you are an Etsy seller, have you been supporting other Etsy shops? Now would be a good time to start if you haven’t.

There are so many talented people on Etsy with wonderful products to sell. Take a look around!  You just might find someone you know.

Helping each other can make Etsy work for everyone!

Comments

As an Etsy seller, THANK YOU! Your support is soooooo appreciated!

As an Etsy buyer, I have NEVER been disappointed with anything I’ve purchased. Nearly ALL of my Christmas presents came from Etsy last year, and I lurve each and every one of them still. I already have my list going for this year! : )
    .-= Heathahlee´s last blog ..Just a Quick Post =-.

2. Tiffany says

This is a great post and so true- i am that stay at home with 3 kids who does this to help a little with family stuff but it is also my outlet. I LOVE sewing and i love sending little notes to my customers thanking them for letting me be a little part of their child’s birthday or the birth of a child- that is special.

As well as having so many great one-of-a-kind products to choose from I love the customer service side. That every etsy seller I have bought from or sold to will go that extra mile to let you know that there is a person behind the keyboard.
    .-= megan´s last blog ..Changing Season =-.

love this! as a fairly new etsy seller who is working VERY hard to contribute to my family’s income, it’s completely amazing to see people like you spreading the word about handmade. thank you for the support! cheers!

I love Etsy!! I was strictly a buyer before I decided to try selling. I have bought so many gifts on Etsy and they are always a huge hit! Etsy shops have so many unique and fabulous items. I much prefer buying on Etsy & supporting the Etsy community especially in this crazy economy!

Thanks for posting this article! I definitely support Etsy sellers and promote it to everyone I run across! I’m a seller as well, so I understand how exciting it is to make a sale—and as a buyer—it’s fun to see that box waiting for you from your mostg recent etsy order!!! Keep on buying Handmade!!!
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Jack o Lantern Halloween Pumpkin Bib =-.

Awesome post! Thanks so much for sharing your support and insight about Etsy and its seller. it like the mom and pop shops of old for the internet! Small business fuels the big businesses of the world..we need all the support we can get.

As a buyer and seller at Etsy ..the talent there is overwhelming! I have to stop myself sometimes!! Thanks for this post again. I saw it on Twitter;-)

Be Well,

Andrea
    Swanriverstone.etsy.com
    .-= Andrea from SwanRiverStone´s last blog ..Autumn Rose and Filigre Leaf Necklace =-.

Very supportive note. Love Etsy. I have a store there LouisaDesigns@etsy.com and I also buy there. If I can’t get what I need there I have to go to a
    “regular store”, but I always go to Etsy first. I really love the handmade designs not 2 are ever the same even they are not “perfect” it gives them a unique style that makes everything one of a kind.

I really enjoyed this post! It’s nice to see so many people raising awareness of buying handmade and why it’s a more personal experience with unique products.

I shared this on twitter!

Michelle
    Littlebluefeathers.blogspot.com

I do! I shop Etsy more than anywhere else…. I can honestly say 9 out of 10 Christmas gifts this year were from Etsy, and many purchases throughout the year are as well- it’s my number 1 shopping destination!

Hear, hear! I love the warm, friendly, personal service I get from Etsy sellers. I always feel appreciated and the products I’ve purchased have been unique, well made, and lovingly produced by people like me. I will support Etsy shops first and foremost before going off to any big box store. Kudos to Etsy for starting such a wonderful web site! Without Etsy, I would never have been able to start my eco bag business. Etsy is wonderful!

I love Etsy and am proud to have a new Etsy shop that has been open for one month now! Thanks for this warm, supportive post…and all of the great information that you always provide.

I love to shop on Etsy. I have bought lots of stuff for myself and as gifts and have never been dissapointed and neither have the recipients.

Yes, please! There are so many wonderful things on Etsy. You can find virtually anything you could find in a big chain store, even seeds & cleaning products!

Since I started selling on Etsy I have also found myself buying a lot more on it too…there is such a variety out there, and I would much rather support small business owners than huge companies. Plus, it really is a lot more personal when you buy from an Etsy seller. The customer service I’ve received has been amazing. You really do feel like you’re a person, and not just a dollar amount.

Blessings, Grace