Etsy Packaging Ideas and Inspiration

Etsy packaging ideas {Wychbury}

If you are anything like me you might be an Etsy seller, but you’re also a major Etsy shopper!  Once you are hooked on handmade creations you really can’t help yourself!

One of the fun parts of ordering on Etsy is opening the package to find something beautiful…you know, nothing like what you find at the mall.  Etsy sellers take such care with their items because they made them with love and care just for you.  I soooo love handmade!!

Anyway, I gathered some packaging inspiration for those of you with shops.  Even if you don’t have a shop it might inspire you to take a few extra moments with the next gift you give.  The packaging can really add that extra-special “Wow Factor” to a simple item.

41546590_aLu5IgBF_c

Copy book pages for wrapping paper…black and white looks great!

43596928_TAgErqzH_c

Vintage wallpaper tags {from moo.com} can add instant beauty and style to any box.

il_570xN.242480946 {Bluhour}

Oh, the power of twine!  This is simply pretty!

166160782_x04373Ia_c

{Stella and Hodge}

I think this button on the top of the package is just the cutest thing!  Why didn’t I think of that?!

166166556_zSYjh0Eg_c

Layla Amber hair pins come displayed on their own custom cards.

il_570xN.254716812

Pillow boxes are are pretty way to package quickly.

il_570xN.91245288_thumb

Paloma’s Nest sends ornaments in these beautiful bags…so classy, don’t you think?

stampington-21

Whisker-Graphics-August1

These bitty bags are a simple packaging solution and they come in so many colors and styles.

IMG_0787 {just lovely things}

Whatever you do, I’m sure you’ll come up with something that says “thank you” in your own way.

Do you have any packaging tips to share??

Comments

Hi Kim,
    I just talked about presentation on my blog yesterday!
    It shows an example of how I changed my packaging to make my new products have more of that “WOW” factor you are talking about! I even included some before and after examples to look at.
    Deborah

I have never received any packages as beautiful as the ones shown here, but I have received some pretty unattractive ones. I hate to admit that I am not as enthusiastic about those purchases as I was about ones that made me stop and think that the seller put just another tiny touch into their item. I do wrap my items and doll them up so they look special, but it is definitely a long term goal to have really “wow” packaging.
    .-= Tricia´s last blog ..Clothes Pin on a stick, green crackle, set of 4, use for place card, name card, table number, photos, memos, notes, wedding home or office =-.

Ohhh pretty packaging! How I love you!

I use a wax seal and inexpensive thin ribbon with waxed paper to package up my wedding invitations – look how pretty they turned out!

Another tip I have is that you can use up odd bits of yarn to do multiple-wraps like these:
    .-= Ruth´s last blog ..A warm cat on your lap and a great book to read. =-.

Although I don’t sell anything (yet) on Etsy, I have recieved things I’ve ordered, and the packaging is so important to me- it makes you feel like you’re receiving a gift – not actually something you paid for! When I give someone a gift, I often plan the wrapping before I plan what to give- the gift has to fit the packaging! LOL!

Thanks for sharing these gorgeous examples. I’m just opening my Etsy shop this month and I’ve been giving a lot of thought as to how things will be presented. Moo offers some wonderful inspiration on their site, too.
    .-= Lisa Firke´s last undefined ..The version of CommentLuv on this site is out of date and will soon stop working. Please ask the webmaster to update their CommentLuv in the dashboard of this site! This version will continue to work for a few more weeks and then stop. =-.

I think these ideas are great. I make notecards and am having a difficult time finding something that is the right size and price to package them in. For my Christmas gifts I resorted to wrapping them in tissue paper and tying it with natural jute. I actually think it looked pretty good, but would like to fancy it up a little for paying customers.

• says

Hey Bethany! I’m so glad you enjoy pretty packaging as much as I do! You can see my packaging near the bottom of the post. Other than that I do a major mix and match thing with lots of pretty ribbon and tape I’ve collected. It gives me a good excuse to buy pretty supplies. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

I love packaging more than anything! I use white craft paper bag, add colourful string and mini MOO card. Too bad I don’t have any photos…. I ordered some washi tape so I’ll be using those in the future. I think I might do blog post about packaging :)