Craft Closets & Small Work Spaces

A Little Round-Up of Small Creative Spaces

img gettoworklg ss3

A tiny work space built for two {and desk plans}

tiny-craft-room-closet

A craft closet {via Making This Home}

080309 laundry craft room

A laundry room & craft room in one! {via Apartment Therapy}

img office-closets ss6

A craft closet {via diyideas.com}

ss 100489714

One of my all-time favorites for scrapbooking {via bhg.com}

I love seeing how people get creative with their space! For more creative eye candy visit our craft area inspiration section.

Do you have a craft area or do you just work wherever you can like I do?

------advertisement------

Never miss a post:

Enter your email address:

Comments

Oh my goodness, that first shared desk is awesome! I want one side for me and one side for my son. :)

In our first house, I worked off a drafting table in our back entry. The entry was so small that you actually couldn’t open the door with my table in there.

At this house, I have my own room in the basement.

The biggest difference between the two? This one has way more space, making me feel like I need to buy way more supplies. :)

2. Stacey says

I’ve got my material in the laundry room, my sewing machine on the kitchen table and my computer in the living room. Complete chaos, but I’ve got a very understanding boyfriend :)

We’ve decided that our next house has to have room for my work, no question about it. I’m looking forward to not wandering groom room to room while working.
    .-= Stacey´s last blog ..A stitch in time… =-.

I’m lucky enough to have a whole room devoted to just crafting. It’s my own little piece of heaven. I am, however, outgrowing the space that I have and may need to take over the guest room. Sorry, guests.

That first one is just too sweet!

Yup, since we moved into our own place I’ve finally got my own space, or rather several spaces, for my knitting and crocheting. I’ve got a little desk (or actually a chiffonier) for packing orders, with drawers and other organizy things to keep my non-yarn and packing materials in order. As for the knitting, I can choose between three places – my happily bright red chair by a big window, the spot closest to my big aquarium (it’s great to be able to watch the fishies while working) or the balcony with my plants. I’ve even got a couple of shelves of boxes for all my yarns in the walk-in closet. I’m a happy gal now. =)
    .-= Morrgan´s last blog ..My Creative Space: Something a bit different =-.

My breakfast area turned into my craft area when I started making tassels. It’s so crazy messy, though, I’m ALWAYS looking for ideas to organize it. Loved these pictures!
    .-= Heathahlee´s last blog ..A’Fair 2010 =-.

Hi,
    I had my husband make a small closet into a sewing closet. He put a piece of board desk height. Add peg boards all around wall next above that. Put two shelves above this to put supplies in clear containers. I sit on a antique chair to sew. Added a cut lamp to sew by..when done sewing just close the door.